Monday, June 4, 2018

MISSION CONFERENCE - KYIV, UKRAINE - 6/03/18

It is a rare event when the whole mission comes together in one place.  This happened last Saturday in Kyiv.  This was permitted because of a visit by Brother and Sister Tad Callister, Sunday School General President and Elder James B. Martino, Of the Seventy and President of the Europe East Area of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  Elder Martino was accompanied by his wife, Sister Jennie Martino.

What a treat it was to have these two brethren teach us all how to be effective teachers in bringing the gospel of Jesus Christ to His children, especially here in Ukraine.  They inspired us as they spent over two hours teaching the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  It was wonderful. 

The picture below is of all of the missionaries in the Ukraine Kyiv Mission; young elders and sister missionaries as well as senior couples assigned to the mission, President and Sister Kumferman and their daughter, Maggie.  I really like this picture and wanted to share it with all of you.

I am so very happy to be serving as a missionary and find growth and development each day.  I know my Savior lives, he loves us all and wants us to be happy.  This happiness comes through His Gospel, the Father's Plan of Happiness with the Atonement of His Son, Jesus Christ, the central core of this plan.  I hope for this kind of happiness for my family, friends and acquaintances. 

The three men in the  first row, center are Brother Callister, Elder Martino and President Kumferman, president of the Ukraine Kyiv Mission along with their wives.  

Waiting to eat after the conference concluded.  Elder Clawson is on the left and Elder Uchytil is on the right.  Both of these young men are fine missionaries and very fluent in the Russian language.  I look a little sick because I am.  I was having what my grandmother called a "dizzy spell".  Medically it's called "vertigo".  I still enjoyed the conference.

I love this picture of my wife.  Vivian (Sister Foley) with Sister Vogelsberg.  Elder Voglesberg was taking the picture.  A couple of real beauties.  The Vogelsbergs return home on June 20th.  We will miss them.

8 comments:

  1. What a great experience to get the whole mission together! I'm so so so sorry about the vertigo. It's miserable. I hope you're getting some relief. Your wife of absolutely radiant. 💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jessica. I sure appreciate you replying on the blog. I think most people just look at what gets posted on Facebook but don't click on the link to come to the blog. Oh well, I try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vertigo sounds terrible. Does it just show up without warning? Is there anything one can do to keep it at bay? Yikes. That's a great picture of Vivian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been over a year and half since I last had an attack. It does come usually without warning. Nothing I can do except ride it out. Possibly reduce the salt in my diet. But I don't eat that much salt.

      Delete
  4. Oh, and about the blog - maybe they're reading but not commenting. That's happened to us for years and I get it - it is totally discouraging. It takes a lot of time and effort and work to post in order to share and keep in touch and it can feel very discouraging to not get feedback. I went through that for years with blogging. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reminder about your experiences with blogging. It helps. Plus I was having kind of a down day when I wrote that comment. Everything is good now.

      Delete
  5. Looks like vertigo was the travelling partner you didn't want. That doesn't sound like any fun. Otherwise, you and Mom both look good. Hopefully they dizziness doesn't bother you long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dizziness and lightheaded feelings lasted for a week this time. Yesterday (Friday) was the first day that I felt myself.

      Delete